Medical concierge services from Standby MD™ are included at no additional cost in all emergency medical travel insurance plans offered by Snowbird Advisor Insurance!
This valuable service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, provides helpful benefits to travellers in a variety of non-emergency medical situations (for medical emergencies you should always call 911 and proceed to the nearest emergency room).
What are Medical Concierge Services?
Medical concierge services offer enhanced assistance that goes above and beyond the services included in most standard travel medical insurance plans. These VIP services can provide you with superior convenience, speed and comfort when being treated.
The following medical concierge services may be provided to you, depending on your medical issue:
- Physician House Calls: Avoid the hassles, long wait times and exposure to illnesses associated with trips to hospitals and clinics - have a physician visit and asses you in the comfort of your home, condo or hotel instead.
- Physician Assessment by Phone: Speak to a physician by phone to asses the most common medical issues and determine a course of treatment, helping you avoid trips to the hospital and clinics.
- Prescription and Over the Counter Medication: If you require a prescription or over the counter medication, our concierge service may be able to arrange it for you - and even have it delivered to your home, condo or hotel.
- Medical Referrals: Referrals to local specialists in the event you require the care of a medical specialist.
- E.R. Fast Tracking: If you need to go to the E.R., local physicians can help facilitate and coordinate your care to ensure you get the treatment you need.
How Much Does Your Medical Concierge Service Cost?
Medical concierge services are provided free of charge to individuals who have a purchased a valid, active emergency travel medical insurance policy through Snowbird Advisor Insurance.
How Do I Access Medical Concierge Services?
Simply call the 24-hour emergency medical assistance contact number provided to you with your policy to speak to a member of our medical assistance team.
They will evaluate your situation, determine if medical concierge services are appropriate under the circumstances and co-ordinated any services they deem appropriate on your behalf.
Please note that medical concierge services are not always deemed to be appropriate in every situation.
Where are Medical Concierge Services Available?
Medical concierge services, including house-calls, are available in 86 countries including popular snowbird destinations in all U.S. states and much of the Caribbean.
Physician phone assessments are available worldwide.
Service availability may vary by location.