If you’ve incurred emergency medical expenses that are covered by your travel medical insurance policy, you’ll need to file a claim for those expenses, regardless of whether you paid for those expenses out of pocket or our medical assistance team arranged for direct billing with your medical treatment provider.
To help make your claim process as simple as possible, we offer the following features:
- Our online claim submission system makes submitting and processing your claim faster and easier
- Our experienced claims team is available to answer any question you have about the claim process
- Multiple options to start your claim (online, phone and email) and submit your claim documents (online, email and standard mail)
Important Tips for Making a Claim
- Whenever possible, make sure you keep all of your receipts and get copies of your treatment records and medical notes at the time you receive treatment.
You may be required to submit these documents to process your claim and they can be very difficult to collect after the fact. If you don't have these documents, it may cause delays in your claim being processed, and in some cases can result in the denial of your claim.
- If you are required to submit your original medical expense receipts, treatment records or medical notes with your claim, make sure you keep copies of these documents in case the originals are lost.
Questions About Your Claims
If you have questions about submitting a claim, the status of an existing claim or other claim inquiries, please contact our claims team by phone or email:
Phone: 1-877-251-4464 (Toll free from North America)
Phone: 1-519-251-7800 (Collect from anywhere outside North America)
Email: [email protected]
You can find more details about our claim process below.
1. Starting a Claim
We offer three options to start your travel insurance claim, allowing you to choose the method that’s most convenient for you:
Submitting and managing your claims online is fast and easy!
Our online claim submission system allows you to start a new claim, submit your claim documents and manage your existing claims.
First time making a claim? Create an Account
Already have an account? Login to Your Account
Call our customer service agents to open your claim and send a claims package to you by either email or standard mail, based on your preference.
1-877-251-4464 (Toll free from North America)
1-519-251-7800 (Collect from anywhere outside North America)
Email our customer service agents to open your claim and send a claims package to you by either email or standard mail, based on your preference.
2. Submitting Your Claim Forms & Documents
For claims started online, you can submit your related claim documents such as invoices, receipts and medical reports through your online claim account.
For claims started by phone or email, return your completed claims forms and all related documents including invoices, receipts and medical reports by one of the following methods:
Scanned copies of all completed & signed claims forms and applicable attachments can be submitted to ACM by email to [email protected]
All original forms, along with all documents noted above can be sent to our claims office:
Canadian Mailing Address
Active Care Management
P.O. Box 1237
Windsor, ON N9A 6P8
U.S. Mailing Address
Active Care Management
535 Griswold Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226