IMPORTANT UPDATE: March 15, 2022
Canada lifts Global Travel Advisory to avoid non-essential travel for fully vaccinated Canadians
On February 28, 2022, the Government of Canada once again lifted its Level 3 Global COVID-19 Travel Advisory to avoid non-essential travel for fully vaccinated Canadians.
COVID-19 travel advisories are now being issued on a country/regional basis.
As a result, travel advisory levels have now been lowered for many popular snowbird destinations to Level 1 or Level 2 for fully vaccinated travellers.
In addition, on March 7, 2022, the Government of Canada lifted its blanket Level 4 Travel Advisory to avoid all cruise ship travel outside Canada for fully vaccinated Canadians.
The following travel advisories remain in place:
- Level 3 advisory for unvaccinated Canadians to avoid non-essential travel
You can find current travel advisory levels for popular snowbird destinations by clicking on the links below:
How does this impact my options for travel insurance coverage?
Policies that cover COVID-19 when Travel Advisories are Level 1 or Level 2
Due to the change in Government of Canada travel advisory levels on February 28 and March 7, 2022, we are pleased to announce that our Manulife Standard and Personalized travel medical insurance policies that provide $10 Million CAD in coverage for emergency medical care now cover eligible COVID-19 related medical expenses if you meet the following criteria:
- You are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to your departure date,
- You depart on your trip on or after February 28, 2022, - or for cruises, on or after March 7, 2022, and
- The travel advisory level for your destination is either Level 1 (Exercise Normal Security Precautions) or Level 2 (Exercise a High Degree of Caution) at the time you depart on your trip
These policies can now be purchased online, as well as by phone.*
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase a Manulife Standard or Personalized policy and the travel advisory level for COVID-19 changes to Level 3 or Level 4 prior to your departure date, you will need to contact us to modify your policy to include coverage for COVID-19.
* Top-ups, Extensions and Personalized Multi-Trip Annual plans are only available for purchase by phone by calling 1-855-478-3490.