Current Government of Canada Global Travel Advisory Levels
Government of Canada travel advisory levels may impact travel insurance coverage for COVID-19 depending on your vaccination status, destination and policy terms.
The Government of Canada is currently issuing travel advisories for COVID-19 on a country/regional basis.
For fully vaccinated travellers, the current travel advisory levels for many popular snowbird destinations and cruises are:
- Level 1 (Exercise Normal Security Precautions) or
- Level 2 (Exercise a High Degree of Caution)
For unvaccinated travellers, the current travel advisory level is:
- Level 3 (Avoid Non-Essential Travel)
You can find current travel advisory levels for popular snowbird destinations by clicking on the links below:
Explore our travel insurance coverage options for COVID-19
Manulife Standard (PrimeLink) & Personalized (TravelSense) Plans
Our Manulife Standard and Personalized travel medical insurance plans provide $10 Million CAD in coverage for emergency medical care, including coverage for eligible COVID-19 related medical expenses, if you meet the following criteria:
- You are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to your departure date.
At this time, booster shots are not required to be considered “fully vaccinated” under these policies. Accordingly, you will be covered for COVID-19 even if you have not received your booster shot(s).
However, if prior to the start of your trip, the Public Health Agency of Canada revises its definition of “Fully Vaccinated” to include booster shots, any booster shot(s) included in the revised definition would be required to be covered for COVID-19 under this policy.
- The travel advisory level for your destination at the time you depart on your trip is either Level 1 (Exercise Normal Security Precautions) or Level 2 (Exercise a High Degree of Caution).
If you have already departed on your trip and the Government of Canada travel advisory level for COVID-19 increases to Level 3 (Avoid Non-Essential Travel) or Level 4 (Avoid All Travel), you do not need to contact us to modify your coverage and you will still be covered for COVID-19.
If you have not yet departed on your trip and the Government of Canada travel advisory level for COVID-19 increases to Level 3 or Level 4, you will need to contact us to modify your policy to include coverage for COVID-19.
Our Manulife Standard and Personalized travel medical insurance plans include the following Quarantine Coverage for COVID-19:
- Up to $200 per day to a maximum of $2,000 for meals, hotels and taxi fares.
Quarantine benefits cover you for the unplanned expenses listed above if you meet the following criteria:
- You contract COVID-19 while you are travelling
- You have proof of a positive COVID test, and
- You are unable to return to Canada or continue on the next leg of your travel
Top-ups, Extensions and Personalized Multi-Trip Annual plans are only available for purchase by phone by calling 1-855-478-3490.